This series is a collection of all of our Drupal 8 Module Development tutorials -- essential information for anyone developing Drupal modules or working on Drupal core. The various APIs and subsystems outlined below are critical systems and in most cases you'll need to know how some or all of these work in order to make use of Drupal's higher level developer APIs.
Topics covered include:
- Altering and extending Drupal without hacking core through plugins, hooks, and events
- Working with forms
- Using the Render API to present content for display
- Working with services, dependency injection, and the service container
- Writing secure code
- Debugging tips and tricks
- Useful tools for developers
- Adding different kinds of links
- ...and more!
We recommend working through tutorials in this collection on an as-needed basis. You might also want to explore our guide for Drupal module developers: Become a Drupal Developer.
We'll continue to fill this collection out as we develop more tutorials for these critical components.