Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I learn more about Drupalize.Me?
How much does Drupalize.Me cost?
Monthly membership is US $45 per month. You may also signup for a bi-annual (6 month) subscription for $240 ($40/mo) or a yearly subscription for $420 ($35/month). In addition we have group plans available.
What do I receive with membership?
With a Drupalize.Me membership, you have access to the following:
- Instant access to our video library
- Full text video transcripts
- New videos weekly, at no additional cost
- Current Drupal content
- Engaging, rich media videos
- Easy to understand, concise videos
- Affordable, expert produced training
- Videos from beginner to advanced
- Desktop, tablet, and smartphone access
- Dedicated support
Is there any contract required?
Nope. Try it out and cancel at any time. Drupalize.Me is a pay-as-you-go service.
Can I share my account with others?
No. The site will only allow one user to be logged in for each account on the site. We do offer discounts for groups, so if you need to get access for 5 or more people, take a look at the group rates. Each account is welcome to use the site from as many computers/devices as you like, but you won't be able to watch videos from two devices at once with the same login.
Are there group/company/department rates?
Yes, there are! We can manage groups of all sizes. If you are interested in a group membership, you can find out more information on our Group Membership page.
Can I preview videos before I purchase?
Sure! All of the videos in the Lullabot Learning Series have a free chapter/preview available to non-members. Additionally, we have several free-access videos in the library. These videos display a green "free video" tab in the corner of their thumbnail. Browse through the library and I'm sure you'll find a few!
How do I view/print my billing invoice?
New invoices can be accessed from the "Account" tab of your account; however, to get a copy of invoices prior to November 19th, 2013, please contact support.
How do I cancel my membership?
To cancel your membership, please contact support. Once your membership billing is cancelled you will not lose access immediately. Your membership will continue through the end of your current billing cycle. So if your account is a monthly account with credit card charges processed on the 10th of the month and you cancel on April 25th, you will not lose access until the May 10th.
Can I get a membership subscription if I'm outside of the United States?
Absolutely! In fact, we're using a content delivery network to ensure that the videos will stream at maximum efficiency internationally.
Your credit card will be charged in US dollars each month, so take a look at a currency converter to get an idea of what you'll be paying each month.
How do I play the videos on my iPad, iPhone, or other mobile device?
The videos on the site are encoded to play back in Flash with a HTML5 fallback. If your device supports flash, you're good to go. On the iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, or other non-Flash devices, you'll get HTML5 video. Just click the play button in the middle of the video and you can watch full-screen video.
Additionally, the videos are delivered using adaptive bitrate streaming. So if you're on 3G mobile or another variable connection, the videos will automatically switch bitrates to provide the maximum quality available over your given connection.
That's right! You can stream videos over wifi or 3G to your phone while you're at the gym, on the bus, or waiting at the bank to deposit your first paycheck as a Drupal developer!
Do you have mobile/TV apps?
Yes we do! While you you can always watch our videos on any device with a browser, we also have apps for iOS, Android, and Roku. You can find out more on our Apps page.
How do I play the videos on my television?
We have a Roku app, which is a great way to get us on your TV, or you can use Apple's Airplay with our iOS app and an Apple TV. If you don't have these options, you will need either an internet-enabled television or a set-top box such as the Google TV enabled Logitech Revue, or the Boxee Box. On these devices with a built-in web browser, you can simply navigate to Drupalize.me, login, and start watching the videos.
The television is a great place to watch the Drupalize.me videos! We will be continuing to monitor new developments in internet-television and trying to take advantage of new features as they become available.
Can I download the videos?
Sorry, this site does not offer a download option.
Do I need an Internet connection to play the videos on my mobile device?
Yes. You will need a 3G, 4G, or wifi internet connection to stream the videos to your device. There is currently no option to download the videos and watch them offline.
Can I get the videos on DVD?
In the past we had videos available on DVD at the Lullabot Store, but currently we only offer these videos through Drupalize.Me.
How do I find videos on Drupalize.Me?
There are several options for finding videos on this site:
- Library: You can browse through Series and individual videos in our video library. The results can be filtered by category and Drupal version. You can expand a Series to see the listing of individual videos. And you can add videos to your queue by clicking the green icon next to the listing.
- Recently Watched Videos: On the dashboard, we display the videos you most recently watched and allow you to resume the ones you didn't finish.
- My Video Queue: On the dashboard, we display the videos you have added to your queue. Use this feature to mark videos you definitely want to see.
- Search: Search for content using the text box at the top of the page, or visit the search page.
- By Topic: All videos are organized into broad topics, such as Module Building, Theming, or Keynotes. These topics show up at the top of most pages. You can jump to them using the Quickfind menu, or use the filters on the Browse page.
- Categories & Tags: To browse through all of the tags & topics used on the site, visit the Categories & Tags page.
That's a LOT of videos! Where should I start?
How do I use the demo site files?
Many of our site building series include a copy of the full demonstration site so that you follow along with the same site we are using in the lessons. You find full instructions for what to do with these files on our How to Create a Demo Site page.
Do you have an affiliate program?
Yes, we do! You can find out more about it and apply on our Affiliate Program page.
The videos don't play well for me. What can I do?
There are a lot of things in the pipeline that can cause your video experience to be subpar. Here are suggestions to improve your video watching:
- Reload the page. If you've paused the video for an extended period of time, your video code may have expired. Reloading the page will give you a fresh copy protection code.
- Try setting the bitrate to a lower number. There is a bitrate selector just below the video player. Our system tries to pick the best one for you, but you may need to manually kick it down a bit for smoother playback.
- Make sure you have the latest Flash player for your browser.
- If you are using 3G, see if moving to WiFi improves performance. If these steps don't help, it would be a huge help to us if you can provide the following information about the problem you are experiencing, in addition to a general description of the problem, by creating a support issue on our help page.
1. What device, operating system and browser are you using?
2. What video(s) are you watching that experiences the problem?
3. What city are you located in?
4. What day/time did the problem occur?
5. The output from running this command on your command line:
I'm having trouble purchasing, playing or using the site. Where do I get support?
Please use our support page. This will notify our whole team and you should receive a response from someone soon. The support page is usually the most efficient way to get in touch with us, however if your problem is more urgent, you can call +1-855-933-7872 (855-WE-DRUPALIZE). We're usually around from about 9am to 8pm US Eastern time.
I'm using Fedora OS and having difficulty playing the videos. What do I do?
For some Fedora OS users you'll need to user a special flash plugin that can be found here. Thanks to Mihaela for pointing this out.
Can I suggest a video topic? What videos are you working on?
Yes, we love to hear what you want to see! You can review a list of suggestions, and members can vote on them over in our suggestion box. Members can also add new suggestions to the list. The suggestion box also shows which videos we are currently working on, and the most recent videos we've created from your suggestions.
I have questions, suggestions or feedback about the website. How do I get in touch you?
We would LOVE to hear from you! We will eventually be adding some social features to this site to make this process easier. For now, please use our help page. We check the queue and our email regularly and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.
Do you provide in-person workshops?
Yes, we do. We provide custom, private in-person training for your organization. You can learn more about our workshop offerings, and see a list of where you can find public workshops we are conducting around the world, on our Training Services page.