In this video series, Joe Shindelar, Karen Stevenson & Michelle Lauer build out a job posting board using the built-in Fields in Drupal 7 along with some other contributed modules. They cover the basics that Site Builders need to know about how to add fields, configure how they're displayed, and using all of the different types of fields including file files, image files, term references, node references, and user references. Each chapter of this video builds upon the last as the team builds and configures two content types for posting available jobs and job applications.
Here are the chapters that will be included in this series.
- Content types in Drupal 7
- Overview of Fields in Drupal 7
- Overview of the example site
- Creating a new content type
- Adding text fields, lists and checkboxes
- Categorizing content with a term reference field
- Adding a user reference field
- Managing field display with formatters
- Associating content with the node reference field
- Adding file fields & image fields
- Resizing default image sizes
- Adding fields to a user profile & other entities
This video will pair well with Intro to Views in Drupal 7, which will continue this job board project through to completion.