This is Week 2 of the 7-week course Hands-On: Theming. Get started with Drupal 8 theming in 1 hour a week for 7 weeks. Based on our popular Drupal 8 Theming Workshop featured at DrupalCon.
Time to complete: About 1 hour
This week you will learn how to create an info file using YAML to give Drupal information about your theme including an initial set of regions. Go through each tutorial and then apply what you've learned in the final hands-on exercise. Be sure to complete the last tutorial listed (Exercise: Create a New Theme) before you move on to Week 3: Add an Asset Library.
- Understand what YAML is and its basic syntax rules.
- Understand the concept of an "info" file in a theme.
- Understand the concept of regions in a theme.
- Complete Exercise: Create a New Theme:
- Create an info file that describes a new custom theme to Drupal
- Define regions for that custom theme
- Enable and view your new custom theme
Sign-up for weekly email reminders
Sign-up for the Hands-On Theming email list and get reminders and tips about each week's exercises!