This is Week 4 of the 7-week course Hands-On: Theming. Get started with Drupal 8 theming in 1 hour a week for 7 weeks. Based on our popular Drupal 8 Theming Workshop featured at DrupalCon.
Time to complete: About 1 hour
This week you will configure your local environment for theme development. Go through each tutorial and then apply what you've learned in the final hands-on exercise. Be sure to complete the last tutorial listed (Exercise: Configure Your Environment for Theme Development) before you move on to Week 5: Override the Main Page Template.
- Understand the use cases and benefits of configuring local settings for theme development
- Complete Exercise: Configure Your Environment for Theme Development:
- Configure Drupal settings on a per-environment basis
- Disable caching via local settings changes
- Enable Twig debugging mode via local settings changes
Sign-up for weekly email reminders
Sign-up for the Hands-On Theming email list and get reminders and tips about each week's exercises!