This is Week 4 of the 7-week course Hands-On: Theming. Get started with Drupal theming in 1 hour a week for 7 weeks. Based on our popular Drupal Theming Workshop featured at DrupalCon.
Time to complete: About 1 hour
This week you will configure your local environment for theme development. Go through each tutorial and then apply what you've learned in the final hands-on exercise. Be sure to complete the last tutorial listed (Exercise: Configure Your Environment for Theme Development) before you move on to Week 5: Override the Main Page Template.
- Understand the use cases and benefits of configuring local settings for theme development
- Complete Exercise: Configure Your Environment for Theme Development:
- Configure Drupal settings on a per-environment basis
- Disable caching via local settings changes
- Enable Twig debugging mode via local settings changes
Sign-up for weekly email reminders
Sign-up for the Hands-On Theming email list and get reminders and tips about each week's exercises!
Own this course
You can also purchase the Practical Drupal Theming course on Thinkific. The course material is the same, but you can access the content without a Drupalize.Me membership and you will own the course forever.