What will you learn
- How the Drupal theme layer relates to the rest of the system
- Common theming terminology and processes
- How to override any of Drupal's HTML output
- How to discover which templates are being used on a page
- The relationship between base themes and sub themes
- Everything you need to know about Twig when working with Drupal templates
- Tools for introspecting and debugging a theme
Get started with Drupal theming in 1 hour a week for 7 weeks. Based on our popular Drupal Theming Workshop featured at DrupalCon.
In this 7-week beginning Drupal theming course, we'll walk you through creating your first theme in Drupal. Each week consists of tutorials containing all the information you'll need to complete the hands-on exercise at the end of each section. It should take approximately 1 hour to go through each week's lessons.
When you have completed this guide, you will be ready to tackle any concept in Drupal theming, having attained a good foundation to build your knowledge. You'll also have a sandbox Drupal site to use to continue your theming journey.
If you want to own this course permanently, without needing a membership, you can purchase Practical Drupal Theming on Thinkific.
Get started with your first Drupal theme
Based on our popular Drupal Theming Workshop, this 7-week course of tutorials and hands-on exercises will get you up and running with your first Drupal theme. Each week contains tutorials surrounding a key concept in Drupal theming. At the end of each week, you'll have an opportunity to put into practice what you've learned in the related tutorials with a hands-on exercise. By the end of this course, you'll have a working Drupal theme ready for you to further explore and learn concepts in Drupal theming.
Continue your theming journey