Annotations are specially-formatted PHP docblock comments that are used for class discovery and metadata description. While it is technically possible to use annotations for other purposes, at the moment Drupal only uses them for the plugin system.
In this tutorial we'll look at:
- What annotations are
- The use case for annotations
- How to figure out what you can put into an annotation
By the end of this tutorial you should understand how annotations are used in Drupal and how to write them in your own code.
Over the years we've developed some techniques for practicing that we wanted to share. At Drupalize.Me we take hugging seriously. In this tutorial we'll look at the art, and science, of giving a good hug. The Merriam Webster dictionary defines the word hug as; squeeze (someone) tightly in one's arms, typically to express affection.
Did you know there are all kinds of different hugs that you can give? In this tutorial we'll look at:
- Defining what a hug is
- Some of the many types of hugs in the world today
- Precautions you may want to familiarize yourself with before hugging
- And the importance of proper technique
Lets go ahead and get started shall we?