If you want to define a new URL that a user can navigate to, and custom PHP code that will generate the content of the page, you need a route and a controller. Most of the time you'll want to do something more complex than hard code the content of the page. This will require using services in your controller. This can be accomplished in different ways.
In this tutorial we'll:
- Provide the definition for a new route which maps a path to the callback method of a controller class.
- Create a controller that returns a hard coded string.
- Look at examples of using both
ControllerBaseand dependency injection to access services from a controller, and discuss the benefits of both approaches.
By the end of this tutorial, you should be able to define a new route that maps to a controller and displays content on the page as a result of your custom logic.
Over the years we've developed some techniques for practicing that we wanted to share. At Drupalize.Me we take hugging seriously. In this tutorial we'll look at the art, and science, of giving a good hug. The Merriam Webster dictionary defines the word hug as; squeeze (someone) tightly in one's arms, typically to express affection.
Did you know there are all kinds of different hugs that you can give? In this tutorial we'll look at:
- Defining what a hug is
- Some of the many types of hugs in the world today
- Precautions you may want to familiarize yourself with before hugging
- And the importance of proper technique
Lets go ahead and get started shall we?