ENTRYPOINT directive allows us to specify a default shell to use in our custom image, but it can do more than that. Often, we will want to dynamically configure a container on startup by passing it environment variables or using Docker Secrets. By replacing the
ENTRYPOINT with a custom script, we can perform this dynamic configuration prior to executing the default application.
In this tutorial, we'll:
- Introduce custom entrypoint scripts
- Describe several strategies for performing dynamic configuration in a container
Over the years we've developed some techniques for practicing that we wanted to share. At Drupalize.Me we take hugging seriously. In this tutorial we'll look at the art, and science, of giving a good hug. The Merriam Webster dictionary defines the word hug as; squeeze (someone) tightly in one's arms, typically to express affection.
Did you know there are all kinds of different hugs that you can give? In this tutorial we'll look at:
- Defining what a hug is
- Some of the many types of hugs in the world today
- Precautions you may want to familiarize yourself with before hugging
- And the importance of proper technique
Lets go ahead and get started shall we?