Often you'll find an image on Docker Hub that almost fits your requirements. For Drupal developers, often the off-the-shelf containers for PHP just aren't enough. Drupal often requires additional PHP extensions such as
gd. We may also want to use a slightly different configuration, or bake-in a utility like Drush or Drupal Console. Fortunately, Docker makes modifying existing containers easy in a Dockerfile.
In this tutorial, we'll:
- List the reasons why you might modify an existing image
- Describe the general process by which an existing image is modified
Over the years we've developed some techniques for practicing that we wanted to share. At Drupalize.Me we take hugging seriously. In this tutorial we'll look at the art, and science, of giving a good hug. The Merriam Webster dictionary defines the word hug as; squeeze (someone) tightly in one's arms, typically to express affection.
Did you know there are all kinds of different hugs that you can give? In this tutorial we'll look at:
- Defining what a hug is
- Some of the many types of hugs in the world today
- Precautions you may want to familiarize yourself with before hugging
- And the importance of proper technique
Lets go ahead and get started shall we?