As a module developer you should define and invoke new hooks in your module in order to allow other developers -- or even future you -- to extend your module's functionality without hacking your module's code. This requires:
- Creating a new, unique, name for your hook
- Providing documentation for your hook
- Invoking the hook at critical points in your code
By the end of this tutorial you should have a better idea of when to define a new hook and know how to invoke a hook from your code.
Over the years we've developed some techniques for practicing that we wanted to share. At Drupalize.Me we take hugging seriously. In this tutorial we'll look at the art, and science, of giving a good hug. The Merriam Webster dictionary defines the word hug as; squeeze (someone) tightly in one's arms, typically to express affection.
Did you know there are all kinds of different hugs that you can give? In this tutorial we'll look at:
- Defining what a hug is
- Some of the many types of hugs in the world today
- Precautions you may want to familiarize yourself with before hugging
- And the importance of proper technique
Lets go ahead and get started shall we?