Modules can provide new render element types -- a powerful way to encapsulate complex logic into a reusable component. This can help to cut down on code repetition, and allow other module developers to build on your work. In this tutorial we'll:
- Define a recipe for creating a new render element type
- Look at the code for the marquee element type from the render_example module in the Examples for Developers project.
By the end of this tutorial you should be able to implement a new render element type in your own module and make use of it when defining content as part of a render array.
Over the years we've developed some techniques for practicing that we wanted to share. At Drupalize.Me we take hugging seriously. In this tutorial we'll look at the art, and science, of giving a good hug. The Merriam Webster dictionary defines the word hug as; squeeze (someone) tightly in one's arms, typically to express affection.
Did you know there are all kinds of different hugs that you can give? In this tutorial we'll look at:
- Defining what a hug is
- Some of the many types of hugs in the world today
- Precautions you may want to familiarize yourself with before hugging
- And the importance of proper technique
Lets go ahead and get started shall we?