It's best practice to access any of the services provided by Drupal via the service container to ensure the decoupled nature of these systems is respected. In order to do so, you need to know what services exists, and then, where possible, use dependency injection to use them in your code.
This tutorial walks through the process of:
- Discovering existing services and learn their machine name
- Using the machine name of service to request a copy from the service container
Over the years we've developed some techniques for practicing that we wanted to share. At Drupalize.Me we take hugging seriously. In this tutorial we'll look at the art, and science, of giving a good hug. The Merriam Webster dictionary defines the word hug as; squeeze (someone) tightly in one's arms, typically to express affection.
Did you know there are all kinds of different hugs that you can give? In this tutorial we'll look at:
- Defining what a hug is
- Some of the many types of hugs in the world today
- Precautions you may want to familiarize yourself with before hugging
- And the importance of proper technique
Lets go ahead and get started shall we?