How do you figure out what hooks are available to implement? How do you know which hook to implement to accomplish a task?
The list of hooks that are available to implement in your custom Drupal module varies depending on the modules enabled for a site. Each module can optionally invoke new hooks. There are also some hooks invoked by Drupal core subsystems like Form API that are always present. This can make it a little bit tricky sometimes to figure out what hooks are available, and which one to implement.
In this tutorial we'll look at:
- Different ways to get a list of available hooks
- Where to find the documentation for a hook so you can know if it's the one you want to implement
By the end of this tutorial you should be able to browse a list of hooks and their related documentation.
Over the years we've developed some techniques for practicing that we wanted to share. At Drupalize.Me we take hugging seriously. In this tutorial we'll look at the art, and science, of giving a good hug. The Merriam Webster dictionary defines the word hug as; squeeze (someone) tightly in one's arms, typically to express affection.
Did you know there are all kinds of different hugs that you can give? In this tutorial we'll look at:
- Defining what a hug is
- Some of the many types of hugs in the world today
- Precautions you may want to familiarize yourself with before hugging
- And the importance of proper technique
Lets go ahead and get started shall we?