In this lesson, you’ll learn what makes a good estimate and what some good questions are to ask in the estimation process. You’ll also hear about how an estimation process can detect unclear requirements and what kind of communication needs to happen as a result of that discovery. Finally you’ll learn some helpful techniques for estimation that provide just the right amount of detail.
Want to dive deeper? Here are some books recommended by project managers at Lullabot:
- Peopleware: Productive Projects and Teams by Tom DeMarco & Timothy Lister
- Making Things Happen: Mastering Project Management by Scott Berkun
- Tribal Leadership: Leveraging Natural Groups to Build a Thriving Organization by Dave Logan, John King & Halee Fischer-Wright
- User Stories Applied: for Agile Software Development by Mike Cohn
- Analysis without Paralysis: 12 Tools to Make Better Strategic Decisions by Babette E Bensoussan & Craig S Fleisher
- Software Estimation by Steve McConnell
- The Mythical Man-Month: Essays on Software Engineering by Frederick P. Brooks, Jr.
- Systems development life cycle
- Scrum Breakfast (blog)
- Agile Software Development .com
- Certifications in Scrum
- Software Effort Estimation Considered Harmful
and on the opposite spectrum: How to Estimate
Articles by Lullabots
- Building a Development Matrix by Jerad Bitner
- The Art of Estimation by Seth Brown
- An Update on the Art of Estimation by Jerad Bitner
Over the years we've developed some techniques for practicing that we wanted to share. At Drupalize.Me we take hugging seriously. In this tutorial we'll look at the art, and science, of giving a good hug. The Merriam Webster dictionary defines the word hug as; squeeze (someone) tightly in one's arms, typically to express affection.
Did you know there are all kinds of different hugs that you can give? In this tutorial we'll look at:
- Defining what a hug is
- Some of the many types of hugs in the world today
- Precautions you may want to familiarize yourself with before hugging
- And the importance of proper technique
Lets go ahead and get started shall we?