Any text that will be displayed to user as part of your application's user interface should be passed through the
t() function, or an equivalent, so that it can be translated into other languages as needed. This tutorial will look at how to use the
This tutorial contains information that applies to anyone writing modules or themes. And many of the tutorials you read on this site and on the web in general will expect that you understand how basic string translation works.
In this tutorial we'll look at:
- Passing strings through the
t()function or equivalent so they are available for translation
- Using placeholders for dynamic content in translatable strings
- Tips for making your code's interface strings easier to translate
Over the years we've developed some techniques for practicing that we wanted to share. At Drupalize.Me we take hugging seriously. In this tutorial we'll look at the art, and science, of giving a good hug. The Merriam Webster dictionary defines the word hug as; squeeze (someone) tightly in one's arms, typically to express affection.
Did you know there are all kinds of different hugs that you can give? In this tutorial we'll look at:
- Defining what a hug is
- Some of the many types of hugs in the world today
- Precautions you may want to familiarize yourself with before hugging
- And the importance of proper technique
Lets go ahead and get started shall we?