New Relic is a monitoring service that provides insights into your application stack from front-end performance to the server and infrastructure metrics. New Relic uses a combination of aggregating server logs, and pre-built (or custom) monitors to track the metrics that are most important to your application. The collected data can be organized into custom dashboards, and alerts can be set up and issued per customizable conditions.
In this tutorial, we'll:
- Learn about different New Relic modules and their purpose
- Review some default dashboard components and reports
- Discuss how to use the information in New Relic to understand the health of your Drupal application
By the end of this tutorial, you should understand the basics of using New Relic and the insights it offers to monitor and improve the performance of your Drupal site.
Over the years we've developed some techniques for practicing that we wanted to share. At Drupalize.Me we take hugging seriously. In this tutorial we'll look at the art, and science, of giving a good hug. The Merriam Webster dictionary defines the word hug as; squeeze (someone) tightly in one's arms, typically to express affection.
Did you know there are all kinds of different hugs that you can give? In this tutorial we'll look at:
- Defining what a hug is
- Some of the many types of hugs in the world today
- Precautions you may want to familiarize yourself with before hugging
- And the importance of proper technique
Lets go ahead and get started shall we?