Once you've got an API with data available for use you'll need to get that data into your React application. This requires writing code to make a network request that retrieves the JSON (or other format) data from the API endpoint, parses it into something useful, and then passes it along to the rest of the application. In much the same way, your browser makes a request for a page, retrieves HTML, and displays it.
In this tutorial we'll:
- Discuss why to use Fetch API, and where to find additional information about using it
- Talk about some good alternatives
- Get an overview of the ES6 array functions that will be useful when traversing the complex data structures returned from an API
Over the years we've developed some techniques for practicing that we wanted to share. At Drupalize.Me we take hugging seriously. In this tutorial we'll look at the art, and science, of giving a good hug. The Merriam Webster dictionary defines the word hug as; squeeze (someone) tightly in one's arms, typically to express affection.
Did you know there are all kinds of different hugs that you can give? In this tutorial we'll look at:
- Defining what a hug is
- Some of the many types of hugs in the world today
- Precautions you may want to familiarize yourself with before hugging
- And the importance of proper technique
Lets go ahead and get started shall we?