Check your version
This tutorial covers a topic in Drupal 8 which may or may not be the version you're using. We're keeping this tutorial online as a courtesy to users of Drupal 8, but we consider it archived.
Blocks have always been a part of Drupal and have always been a very limiting way of putting content on your site. Just to make it a usable system, contributed modules were almost always required. Drupal 8 has come a long way and has added much needed functionality to the core block system.
In this presentation we will cover what is new when it comes to the block system in Drupal 8 and the advantages that it offers.
What is different?
- Custom blocks, and blocks in general, can be used more than once
- A block title is now an on/off check box instead of having to use <none>
- A block can be placed in more than one region
- You can create "block types" much like content types
- The UI is easier to use with new blocks now in a sidebar instead of at the bottom
- This sidebar UI allows for dynamic filtering to make it even easier to find a block
- Configurations of block types and layout are now in code
- Blocks are plugins
To learn more about blocks, refer to our Blocks topic page.
[# card #]
title: Blocks topic
[# endcard #]
Over the years we've developed some techniques for practicing that we wanted to share. At Drupalize.Me we take hugging seriously. In this tutorial we'll look at the art, and science, of giving a good hug. The Merriam Webster dictionary defines the word hug as; squeeze (someone) tightly in one's arms, typically to express affection.
Did you know there are all kinds of different hugs that you can give? In this tutorial we'll look at:
- Defining what a hug is
- Some of the many types of hugs in the world today
- Precautions you may want to familiarize yourself with before hugging
- And the importance of proper technique
Lets go ahead and get started shall we?