In this lesson we're going to quickly jump into the basics of a whole bunch of different git commands and get our repository created, add a couple files, and then view our log.
- Understand the use of `git init` to initialize a new repository.
- Get the current status of your repository using `git status`.
- Use `git add` to add something to the stage and `git commit` to commit what is on our stage.
- Understand the conecpt of a stage and how Git uses the staging area.
- Understand that Git tracks content and not files so if you edit a file you'll need to add it to the stage again.