The Rules module allows site administrators to define a series of conditionally executed actions on their website through a user interface. Rules allows you to configure different events that will be executed whenever certain conditions are met. This series on Learning the Rules framework was produced by Johan Falk of nodeone.se, and it will present some basic and advanced usage of the Rules framework. Here's an overview of what will be covered by this series:
- Basic Rules concepts, such as reaction rules, data types, data input methods, using lists and creating loops, and Rules components.
- Basic examples of Rules configuration, presenting some practical use-cases for the Rules module (using only the basic concepts).
- Developing with Rules covers things like exporting Rules configuration and debugging Rules.
- Rules Scheduler shows how to schedule evaluation of Rules actions (and other components), and also how to create repeated events.
- Rules and Views Bulk Operations presents some of the improved integration between two awesome modules.
- Rules Bonus Pack shows some experimental functionality that can be used with Rules, expanding your way of thinking about and using Rules – not least by utilizing Rules components from other modules.