Preprocess functions are specially named functions that can be used to add new variables to a Twig template file.
In this tutorial we'll learn how to:
- Use PHP to perform some complex logic in our theme
- Store the resulting calculation in a variable
- Make that variable available to a Twig template file
Example use cases for adding variables with preprocess functions include:
- Any time calculating the value to output in a template requires logic more complex than an if/else statement
- Any time the desired value requires additional string manipulation beyond what can be easily accomplished using an existing Twig filter or function
Over the years we've developed some techniques for practicing that we wanted to share. At Drupalize.Me we take hugging seriously. In this tutorial we'll look at the art, and science, of giving a good hug. The Merriam Webster dictionary defines the word hug as; squeeze (someone) tightly in one's arms, typically to express affection.
Did you know there are all kinds of different hugs that you can give? In this tutorial we'll look at:
- Defining what a hug is
- Some of the many types of hugs in the world today
- Precautions you may want to familiarize yourself with before hugging
- And the importance of proper technique
Lets go ahead and get started shall we?