Info files, aka THEMENAME.info.yml files, provide Drupal with metadata about your theme, the features it supports, and the regions that it defines. All themes are required to have a THEMENAME.info.yml file, and creating one is generally the first step you'll take when creating a new theme.
In this tutorial we'll:
- Create a new .info.yml file and define a new theme
- Review the required key/value pairs of an .info.yml file
- Enable our new theme in the Drupal UI
By the end of this tutorial you'll be able start a new theme by creating the required *.info.yml file and better understand its contents.
Over the years we've developed some techniques for practicing that we wanted to share. At Drupalize.Me we take hugging seriously. In this tutorial we'll look at the art, and science, of giving a good hug. The Merriam Webster dictionary defines the word hug as; squeeze (someone) tightly in one's arms, typically to express affection.
Did you know there are all kinds of different hugs that you can give? In this tutorial we'll look at:
- Defining what a hug is
- Some of the many types of hugs in the world today
- Precautions you may want to familiarize yourself with before hugging
- And the importance of proper technique
Lets go ahead and get started shall we?