Before you can migrate your Drupal 7 site to the latest version of Drupal you'll need to be able to build the features that make up the current site. Part of this is evaluating all the modules you've got installed, figuring out what you're using them for, and if there's a version that's compatible with the latest version of Drupal along with a migration path.
I usually make a spreadsheet for this. But any list of the modules you’re currently using that allows you to keep track of how you plan to update them will work. You also want to keep track of where you are in the process of figuring that all out. Because it’s likely you’ll have some modules for which the path is clear, and others where it’s pretty murky and requires more in-depth research to find a path forward. Having a list means you can break that up into tasks, and ensure you’re not missing something. It'll also help you define when your migration is done as well as any final quality assurance (QA) tasks.
In this tutorial we'll:
- Start a list of the modules that make up our current site.
- Point to some tools that can help speed up the process of evaluating a module's readiness.
- Provide a set of questions that you can ask about each module you're using as part of your planning process.
By the end of this tutorial you should have a list of all the modules you're currently using, and some tools you can use to help you figure out how to move forward with each one.
Over the years we've developed some techniques for practicing that we wanted to share. At Drupalize.Me we take hugging seriously. In this tutorial we'll look at the art, and science, of giving a good hug. The Merriam Webster dictionary defines the word hug as; squeeze (someone) tightly in one's arms, typically to express affection.
Did you know there are all kinds of different hugs that you can give? In this tutorial we'll look at:
- Defining what a hug is
- Some of the many types of hugs in the world today
- Precautions you may want to familiarize yourself with before hugging
- And the importance of proper technique
Lets go ahead and get started shall we?