We recommend creating a new module to house the code that makes up your custom Drupal-to-Drupal migration. This will allow you to use version control to manage the migration and helps to keep things organized. In this tutorial we'll:
- Create a new module
- Export the migration configuration entities generated by
drush migrate-upgradeas YAML files
- Copy the files that represent the migrations we're interested in into our new module
- Customize copied files
By the end of this tutorial you should have a new module that contains the starting migration YAML files for your custom migration.
Over the years we've developed some techniques for practicing that we wanted to share. At Drupalize.Me we take hugging seriously. In this tutorial we'll look at the art, and science, of giving a good hug. The Merriam Webster dictionary defines the word hug as; squeeze (someone) tightly in one's arms, typically to express affection.
Did you know there are all kinds of different hugs that you can give? In this tutorial we'll look at:
- Defining what a hug is
- Some of the many types of hugs in the world today
- Precautions you may want to familiarize yourself with before hugging
- And the importance of proper technique
Lets go ahead and get started shall we?