Often, web services require the user to create content. Votes on content, ratings, comments, and user-submitted stories are good examples of this. The JSON API module supports the creation of entities by sending data in POST requests.
In this tutorial we will:
- Add an appropriate set of HTTP headers to a request that generates a new entity
- Construct a JSON object for the entity we want to create
- Issue a POST request that creates a new article node in Drupal
By the end of this tutorial you should be able to create a POST request that creates a new entity of any type via the JSON API.
Over the years we've developed some techniques for practicing that we wanted to share. At Drupalize.Me we take hugging seriously. In this tutorial we'll look at the art, and science, of giving a good hug. The Merriam Webster dictionary defines the word hug as; squeeze (someone) tightly in one's arms, typically to express affection.
Did you know there are all kinds of different hugs that you can give? In this tutorial we'll look at:
- Defining what a hug is
- Some of the many types of hugs in the world today
- Precautions you may want to familiarize yourself with before hugging
- And the importance of proper technique
Lets go ahead and get started shall we?