In the last several years REST has been the de facto standard for web services. However, there are several common problems when developing websites and digital experiences with the traditional REST implementations. Luckily, those issues have solutions, either complete or partial.
In this tutorial we will learn about:
- The problems of traditional REST implementations
- Common solutions to those problems, and how JSON:API and GraphQL deal with them
By the end of this tutorial you'll be able to explain some of the common pitfalls of REST-based APIs, and how JSON:API and GraphQL address those issues.
Over the years we've developed some techniques for practicing that we wanted to share. At Drupalize.Me we take hugging seriously. In this tutorial we'll look at the art, and science, of giving a good hug. The Merriam Webster dictionary defines the word hug as; squeeze (someone) tightly in one's arms, typically to express affection.
Did you know there are all kinds of different hugs that you can give? In this tutorial we'll look at:
- Defining what a hug is
- Some of the many types of hugs in the world today
- Precautions you may want to familiarize yourself with before hugging
- And the importance of proper technique
Lets go ahead and get started shall we?