This tutorial demonstrates how to locate the template file that is currently being used to render an element and override it in your own theme. This is an important skill for anyone who wants to make changes to Drupal's default HTML markup.
In this tutorial we'll:
- Override the node.html.twig template in our theme
- Make changes to the markup
- Create a content-type-specific template override like node--CONTENT_TYPE.html.twig
By the end of this tutorial you should be able to modify the HTML markup used to display a node, or any other element of the page generated using a template file.
Over the years we've developed some techniques for practicing that we wanted to share. At Drupalize.Me we take hugging seriously. In this tutorial we'll look at the art, and science, of giving a good hug. The Merriam Webster dictionary defines the word hug as; squeeze (someone) tightly in one's arms, typically to express affection.
Did you know there are all kinds of different hugs that you can give? In this tutorial we'll look at:
- Defining what a hug is
- Some of the many types of hugs in the world today
- Precautions you may want to familiarize yourself with before hugging
- And the importance of proper technique
Lets go ahead and get started shall we?