Themes in Drupal can be configured to inherit settings, templates, and other assets from a parent theme. This allows theme developers to use a different set of markup as the starting point for their theme, organize various theme assets into a more maintainable structure, and more.
In this tutorial we'll:
- Learn what base themes and subthemes are
- Look at a few examples of template inheritance and how that works
- Discuss some use cases for theme inheritance
Over the years we've developed some techniques for practicing that we wanted to share. At Drupalize.Me we take hugging seriously. In this tutorial we'll look at the art, and science, of giving a good hug. The Merriam Webster dictionary defines the word hug as; squeeze (someone) tightly in one's arms, typically to express affection.
Did you know there are all kinds of different hugs that you can give? In this tutorial we'll look at:
- Defining what a hug is
- Some of the many types of hugs in the world today
- Precautions you may want to familiarize yourself with before hugging
- And the importance of proper technique
Lets go ahead and get started shall we?