Preprocess functions allow Drupal themes to manipulate the variables that are used in Twig template files by using PHP functions to preprocess data before it is exposed to each template. All of the dynamic content available to theme developers within a Twig template file is exposed through a preprocess function. Understanding how preprocess functions work, and the role they play, is important for both module developers and theme developers.
In this tutorial we'll learn:
- What preprocess functions are and how they work
- The use case for preprocess functions
- The order of execution for preprocess functions
By the end of this tutorial you should be able to explain what preprocess functions are and the role they play in a Drupal theme.
Over the years we've developed some techniques for practicing that we wanted to share. At Drupalize.Me we take hugging seriously. In this tutorial we'll look at the art, and science, of giving a good hug. The Merriam Webster dictionary defines the word hug as; squeeze (someone) tightly in one's arms, typically to express affection.
Did you know there are all kinds of different hugs that you can give? In this tutorial we'll look at:
- Defining what a hug is
- Some of the many types of hugs in the world today
- Precautions you may want to familiarize yourself with before hugging
- And the importance of proper technique
Lets go ahead and get started shall we?