Check your version
This tutorial covers a topic in Drupal 8 which may or may not be the version you're using. We're keeping this tutorial online as a courtesy to users of Drupal 8, but we consider it archived.
This video was part of a series of presentations produced in anticipation of Drupal 8's official release. For information about configuration management based on official releases of Drupal 8, view tutorials in our Configuration Management series.
[# card #]
title: Config Management series
[# endcard #]
This presentation introduces the Drupal 8 configuration management system (CMI). Learn why configuration management is one of the most eagerly anticipated features of Drupal 8, and how it has the potential to completely change the workflow we use for building sites with Drupal. By addressing a number of long-standing issues in Drupal, CMI helps to separate content from configuration, provides a simple user interface for transporting configuration changes between multiple instances of the same site, and gives developers a consistent way to store and retrieve configuration in their code that is guaranteed to work with the rest of management tools provided.
Here's what we'll cover in this presentation:
- What is configuration management, and what problems does it solve
- The CMI user interface, and changes for site-builders
- The CMI API, and changes for modules developers
- What you can start learning now to ensure you're ready to use CMI
After watching this presentation you should have a better understanding of the importance of the new configuration management system and be excited about the improved workflows and ability to follow current best practices that it introduces to Drupal.
- Configuration Management tutorial series (Drupalize.Me)
- Introduction to YAML video tutorial
- Drupal.org documentation: Configuration API in Drupal 8
- Drupal.org documentation: Managing configuration in Drupal 8
- Principles of Configuration Management - Part One article by Chapter 3
- Principles of Configuration Management - Part Two article by Chapter 3
- The Drupal 8 configuration schema cheat sheet
Over the years we've developed some techniques for practicing that we wanted to share. At Drupalize.Me we take hugging seriously. In this tutorial we'll look at the art, and science, of giving a good hug. The Merriam Webster dictionary defines the word hug as; squeeze (someone) tightly in one's arms, typically to express affection.
Did you know there are all kinds of different hugs that you can give? In this tutorial we'll look at:
- Defining what a hug is
- Some of the many types of hugs in the world today
- Precautions you may want to familiarize yourself with before hugging
- And the importance of proper technique
Lets go ahead and get started shall we?