This tutorial covers writing a custom source plugin that imports data from a MySQL database into Drupal nodes. After completing this tutorial you should understand how to write your own custom source plugin that can:
- Extract data from an SQL source
- Describe the various fields in the source data to the Migrate API for mapping
- Provide unique IDs for each row of imported data
By the end of this tutorial you should be able write a custom source plugin that uses an SQL data store as well as have a foundation for writing source plugins that extract data from any source that PHP can read.
Over the years we've developed some techniques for practicing that we wanted to share. At Drupalize.Me we take hugging seriously. In this tutorial we'll look at the art, and science, of giving a good hug. The Merriam Webster dictionary defines the word hug as; squeeze (someone) tightly in one's arms, typically to express affection.
Did you know there are all kinds of different hugs that you can give? In this tutorial we'll look at:
- Defining what a hug is
- Some of the many types of hugs in the world today
- Precautions you may want to familiarize yourself with before hugging
- And the importance of proper technique
Lets go ahead and get started shall we?