DrupalCon Nashville is right around the corner and we're stoked to not only be attending DrupalCon, but to also be providing our Drupal 8 Theming workshop once again. This super-popular workshop sold out last year, so we're offering it again this year. Amber and Joe have been hard at work on revising the curriculum to make sure it's up-to-date for the soon to be released Drupal 8.5.x, and can't wait to present it.
Learn Drupal 8 Theming
Monday, April 9th is the training day for DrupalCon. You can sign up for our Drupal 8 Theming workshop to get the low down on all of the goodies that come with the powerful theme system.
This workshop will familiarize front-end developers with Drupal 8's theme system. Whether your goal is to theme your personal site, pass the Acquia front-end developer certification, or upgrade your skills for a job, our goal is to provide students with a solid foundation on which to start, and enough knowledge to continue to practice and learn on their own. Whether you're creating an entirely new theme from scratch or making nips and tucks to an existing design, understanding how Drupal's theme system works -- or having someone on your team who does -- is essential.
Here's what we're planning to cover in this all-day workshop:
- How the Drupal theme layer relates to the rest of the system
- Common theming terminology and processes
- How to override any of Drupal's HTML output
- The relationship between base themes and sub themes
- Everything you need to know about Twig when working with Drupal templates
- Tools for introspecting and debugging a theme
- Tips and tricks for using common front-end development tools like CSS preprocessors and task runners, in conjunction with Drupal
We do have a limited number of seats for this workshop, so sign up soon to reserve your spot.
In addition to helping facilitate an all-day workshop, Amber will be presenting A New Help System for Drupal. Come learn about the proposed new help system for Drupal core, why we need it, and how you can help make it a reality.