This week we've released a batch of 7 tutorials covering Media management modules in Drupal and added 6 new Layout Builder videos to existing tutorials.
Media management, the ability for content authors to upload and reuse multimedia assets via a common interface, is a cornerstone of any content management system. Many of the same principals we associate with written content apply to media such as structured data, revisions, editorial workflows, translations, and more.
The media management tools in Drupal 8 and 9, including the Media and Media Library modules, provide content authors with drag-and-drop media and asset handling, full WYSIWYG editor integration, and a library of reusable multimedia assets. There's minimal configuration required to get started, but full control via Drupal's standard Entity and Field systems for those who need it. Drupal separates different media assets into media types like image, file, and video, and then allows each media type to be displayed using an appropriate format. Display a PDF files as a link, and a video file as an embedded HTML5 video player. Contributed modules can add new media types and formatters.
In our Managing Media in Drupal series, you'll learn how to configure and use the Media and Media Library module's in Drupal core as well as related contributed modules. Throughout the series we'll look at the Media ecosystem from the perspective of a site administrator, content editors, themers, and developers.
Managing Media in Drupal tutorials
- Overview: Media Management in Drupal (FREE)
- Overview: Media Types, Media Entities, and Media Fields in Drupal (FREE)
- Add a Media Field to a Content Type in Drupal
- Find, Add, Edit, and Delete Media Entities in Drupal
- Use Drupal Media Library to Browse Media Entities
- How to Add Media Button to WYSIWYG Editor in Drupal
- How to Add Fields to a Media Type in Drupal
More Media module tutorials are in the works — so stay tuned for that.
In case you missed it, we also added videos to 6 Layout Builder tutorials.
Videos added to these Layout Builder tutorials
- Create a Flexible Layout for a Content Type
- Change the Layout on a Per-Page Basis
- Limit Blocks Available in Layout Builder with Block List Override
- Use Layout Builder Restrictions to Configure Available Layouts and Blocks
- Implement the Layout Builder View Modes Pattern
- Use Layout Builder Modal When Creating Custom Blocks
Keep on Drupalin' and stay safe out there.