We're continuing our collaboration with Anna Mykhailova (@sunnyenotick) and have added 8 tutorials on Views plugins to our Views for Developers course. Learn how to define field handler, pseudo field, filter, sort, area, access, and style plugins using the Views and Plugin APIs in Drupal.
By learning to implement Views plugins you can customize how content fields are formatted, add custom sorting and filtering conditions, and much more. Whenever a user clicks a link in the Views UI that opens a configuration widget that thing they're configuring is likely a plugin. So if you want to change how any of those features work, or add new ones, you'll want to master the Views plugin API.
Views plugins tutorials in Views for Developers
- Overview: Views Plugins
- Define a Views Field Handler Plugin
- Define a Custom Views Pseudo Field Plugin
- Define a Custom Views Filter Plugin
- Define a Custom Views Sort Plugin
- Define a Custom Views Area Handler Plugin
- Define a Custom Views Access Plugin
- Define a Custom Views Style Plugin
What else are we working on? New videos for Managing Media in Drupal tutorials and more. As always, keep on Drupalin' and happy learning to you.