Check your version
This tutorial covers a topic in Drupal 8 which may or may not be the version you're using. We're keeping this tutorial online as a courtesy to users of Drupal 8, but we consider it archived.
This tutorial provides an overview of the major shift in Drupal 8 to an object-oriented architecture and was created to help you understand which concepts and terminology you will need to learn in order to interact with modules at a code level.
Other tutorials in this series on "What's New in Drupal 8" will cover major changes in specific areas of Drupal 8 module development, such as entities and fields, configuration management, web services, and hooks. This tutorial will focus on object-oriented PHP architectural changes, concepts, and terminology you will need to know as a module developer.
Specifically, we will present:
- an overview of object-oriented PHP
- why it was introduced into Drupal 8
- how it differs from procedural programming
- major OO-PHP concepts you'll find in core
To learn object-oriented PHP, you should begin with our OOP topic page.
[# card #]
title: OOP topic
[# endcard #]
- Object-oriented PHP topic page (drupalize.me)
- Why the big architectural changes in Drupal 8 article (buytaert.net)
- PHP Manual: Classes and Objects (php.net)
- Objected-oriented programming conventions (api.drupal.org)
- Services and Dependency Injection Container (api.drupal.org)
Over the years we've developed some techniques for practicing that we wanted to share. At Drupalize.Me we take hugging seriously. In this tutorial we'll look at the art, and science, of giving a good hug. The Merriam Webster dictionary defines the word hug as; squeeze (someone) tightly in one's arms, typically to express affection.
Did you know there are all kinds of different hugs that you can give? In this tutorial we'll look at:
- Defining what a hug is
- Some of the many types of hugs in the world today
- Precautions you may want to familiarize yourself with before hugging
- And the importance of proper technique
Lets go ahead and get started shall we?