Our goal with this series is to provide you with some baseline information you can use to get started integrating React and Drupal together. We'll cover using React to to provide UX enhancements as part of an existing Drupal theme. As well as how to create a fully decoupled system that uses React for the frontend, and Drupal for the backend.
After you've completed these tutorials you should be able to better envision how to use these two amazing technologies to solve some of your own issues. And to explore further on your own. We link to additional resources liberally, and encourage you to explore beyond the examples we provide, read the linked resource, and dig in. There's no substitute for exploration, and experimenting with real code when it comes to learning.
What you'll learn
- An introduction to the technical side of React, terminology, and information about where to find more resources
- Learn about using Drupal, and the JSON API module, to turn Drupal into a powerful web services API provider
- Learn about the use-cases for adding React to a Drupal site
- Walk through increasingly complex code examples that start with a "Hello World!" application, and end with a fully decoupled application that can list, create, update, and delete content in Drupal
- Learn about how to authenticate a Drupal user via an API using React
- Compare the differences between integrating React into an existing Drupal theme or module and creating a stand-alone React application through example code and use-cases
- And more...
This series is for developers
Need to brush up first?