The tutorials in this guide cover essential information for anyone developing Drupal modules or working on Drupal core. The various APIs and subsystems outlined below are critical systems and in most cases you'll need to know how some or all of these work in order to make use of Drupal's higher level developer APIs.
This guide has tutorials that cover things like:
- Altering and extending Drupal without hacking core through plugins, hooks, and events
- Working with forms
- Using the Render API to present content for display
- Working with services, dependency injection, and the service container
- Writing secure code
- Debugging tips and tricks
- Useful tools for developers
- ...and more!
We recommend working through tutorials in this guide on an as-needed basis.
We'll continue to fill this guide out as we develop more tutorials for these critical components.