The ability to upload, manage, and display various assets like files, images, videos, and audio, is important to many websites. In addition to simple file display and download, there are also options to embed different kinds of external media within content for viewing and playing. If a site has a lot of assets, there are also tools to help manage and quickly find, edit, and reuse existing assets when needed.
- Add a field that allows for file upload and download
- Embed images and video in content
- Manage preset image styles
- Browse and locate a file from a media library
Media module is a stable core feature.
Media module guide (Drupal.org)
- Documentation for the core Media module.
Media Libraries in Drupal 8 (electriccitizen.com)
- An introduction to the contributed modules for working with media as of Drupal 8.3.
The Legendary Drupal 8 Media Library Unicorn presentation (tcdrupal.org)
- A video of a camp presentation of the material covered in the above Electric Citizen article.
How to Embed Just About Anything in Drupal 8 WYSIWYG with Entity Embed and URL Embed (lullabot.com)
- Learn how to embed images with a WYSIWYG.
Common Pitfalls When Configuring Entity Browser in Drupal 8 (lullabot.com)
- Learn how to work with Entity Browser to manage your media assets.