Check your version
This tutorial covers a topic in Drupal 8 which may or may not be the version you're using. We're keeping this tutorial online as a courtesy to users of Drupal 8, but we consider it archived.
This video was part of a series of presentations produced in anticipation of Drupal 8's official release. For information about theming based on official releases of Drupal 8, view tutorials in our Drupal 8 Theming Guide.
[# card #]
title: D8 Theming series
[# endcard #]
This presentation outlines some of the major changes to the way that themes are built in Drupal 8 and is intended to help you generate a list of the things you're going to need to know in order to start making awesome Drupal 8 themes. A lot has changed, and there are a lot of new things to learn. However, one of the primary focuses has been on making the theme layer easier to understand, and easier to get started with.
Almost every aspect of the theming layer has been touched in one way or another during the Drupal 8 development cycle. We think some of the important ones to learn about are:
- How Drupal 8 makes the theme layer easier to understand
- Changes to help make Drupal responsive and mobile friendly
- The addition of a new template engine based on Twig
After watching this presentation you should have a better understanding of the things you'll need to learn in order to create themes in Drupal 8 and where you might need to brush up.
- Drupal 8 Theming Guide (Drupalize.Me)
- Changes for themers
- Twig Theming video tutorial series
- Acquia's Ultimate Guide to Drupal 8: Episode 5 - Front-End Developer Improvements
- DrupalCorn Presentation by Marc Drummond: Building a Drupal 8 theme with new fangled awesomeness
- DrupalCon Sydney Presentation by Jen Lampton: Twig, and the New Theme Layer in Drupal 8
- DrupalCon Austin Presentation by Scott Reeves and Joël Pittet: Drupal 8 Theme System: hook_theme to Twig Template
Over the years we've developed some techniques for practicing that we wanted to share. At Drupalize.Me we take hugging seriously. In this tutorial we'll look at the art, and science, of giving a good hug. The Merriam Webster dictionary defines the word hug as; squeeze (someone) tightly in one's arms, typically to express affection.
Did you know there are all kinds of different hugs that you can give? In this tutorial we'll look at:
- Defining what a hug is
- Some of the many types of hugs in the world today
- Precautions you may want to familiarize yourself with before hugging
- And the importance of proper technique
Lets go ahead and get started shall we?