This screencast presents a way to help manage article promotions, separate content types used for promoting articles, providing more flexibility than standard teasers. The screencast shows how to have promotion nodes being published, unpublished and deleted in sync with the articles they belong to. Topics covered are:
- Reacting on the node deletion event.
- Using fetch entity by property to load a list of all relevant promotion nodes.
- How to have the loaded list unlimited in length.
- Using the delete entity action.
- How to call rule components from a reaction rule.
- Why it might be a good idea to have actions in separate components when acting on node updates.
- Cloning rule components.
- Publishing and unpublishing nodes.