This page is archived
We're keeping this page up as a courtesy to folks who may need to refer to old instructions. We don't plan to update this page.
Before diving into the code it's important to understand some of the building blocks that make up the Field API. There's a lot of different terminology in the Field API and it helps to understand what each of the terms mean. As well as understanding the relationship between the Fields and Entities in Drupal 7. Knowing these things will give you a strong foundation on which to start exploring the Drupal 7 Field API.
Terms & concepts covered in this video:
- What is a field? what is an instance?
- How do fields relate to entities?
- Field types
- Field storage
- Field widgets
- Field formatters
For more information about these terms see the Drupal.org handbook page: https://drupal.org/node/443540
- Field CRUD API - creates field instances and bundles, e.g.) what you see on the manage fields page.
- Field attach API - connects entities and fields, uses info from Field Info API to retrieve defined fields and do things like display their widget on the appropriate entity form when someone tries to edit an entity.
- Field info API - retrieve information about defined fields and instances.
- Field storage API - pluggable back-end storage for fields. Defaults to SQL backend provided by core.
- Field language API - provides native multilingual support for fields.
Over the years we've developed some techniques for practicing that we wanted to share. At Drupalize.Me we take hugging seriously. In this tutorial we'll look at the art, and science, of giving a good hug. The Merriam Webster dictionary defines the word hug as; squeeze (someone) tightly in one's arms, typically to express affection.
Did you know there are all kinds of different hugs that you can give? In this tutorial we'll look at:
- Defining what a hug is
- Some of the many types of hugs in the world today
- Precautions you may want to familiarize yourself with before hugging
- And the importance of proper technique
Lets go ahead and get started shall we?