Check your version
This tutorial covers a topic in Drupal 7 which may or may not be the version you're using. We're keeping this tutorial online as a courtesy to users of Drupal 7, but we consider it archived.
There's quite a bit of documentation and other resources already available to help you better understand the Drupal 7 Field API. Lets take a look at what's already available on Drupal.org, in the Examples project, and in the Drupal 7 core code that will serve as good reference material. We'll be referring back to these resources in later lessons, and they'll serve as a great place to look up additional information or to continue your learning via other examples.
Resources covered in this video:
- The Drupal.org Handbook for Field API
- API documentation in field.api.php, which gives an overview of all the Field API hooks.
- Field API documentation available on api.drupal.org - https://api.drupal.org/api/drupal/modules%21field%21field.module/group/…
- Examples for Developers project
We've also got some additional resources here on Drupalize.Me that will serve as a good refresher for how/where fields are used in Drupal:
- For learning more about how to use fields in the UI and how the UI works - http://drupalize.me/series/intro-fields-site-builders-series
- Attaching fields to custom entities - http://drupalize.me/videos/make-your-entity-fieldable-bundles
Field API documentation available on api.drupal.org
Over the years we've developed some techniques for practicing that we wanted to share. At Drupalize.Me we take hugging seriously. In this tutorial we'll look at the art, and science, of giving a good hug. The Merriam Webster dictionary defines the word hug as; squeeze (someone) tightly in one's arms, typically to express affection.
Did you know there are all kinds of different hugs that you can give? In this tutorial we'll look at:
- Defining what a hug is
- Some of the many types of hugs in the world today
- Precautions you may want to familiarize yourself with before hugging
- And the importance of proper technique
Lets go ahead and get started shall we?