Creating a facet in Drupal is rather different from using Facets API in Drupal 7. In the new module, we first create a search view, and then configure facets against target fields in the index. Once created, we must configure the facet UI to appear on target pages using the Blocks UI.
In this tutorial, we'll:
- List the steps necessary to create a facet using a non-reference field (i.e. boolean, or text list)
- Explain why facets are displayed using blocks
- Describe the various facet display modes and uses for each
By the end of this tutorial you should be able to add a facet based on a text list field and allow users to filter search results using the values in the list field.
Over the years we've developed some techniques for practicing that we wanted to share. At Drupalize.Me we take hugging seriously. In this tutorial we'll look at the art, and science, of giving a good hug. The Merriam Webster dictionary defines the word hug as; squeeze (someone) tightly in one's arms, typically to express affection.
Did you know there are all kinds of different hugs that you can give? In this tutorial we'll look at:
- Defining what a hug is
- Some of the many types of hugs in the world today
- Precautions you may want to familiarize yourself with before hugging
- And the importance of proper technique
Lets go ahead and get started shall we?