Filtering results allows us to divide up the result set along one or more dimensions. It’s easy and built in to Search API, but often we need a slightly different modality. Drill-down search allows us to constrain (rather than divide) our result set to one or more dimensions. The contributed Facets module provides this functionality.
In this tutorial, we'll:
- Describe how Facets constrains results to preconfigured dimensions
- Demonstrate how use of a Facet also constrains the possible selections for other facets
- List the steps for installing Facets module
- Describe the field types best used for creating facets
By the end of this tutorial you should be able to explain what facets are and how they work in the context of searching a Drupal site's content.
Over the years we've developed some techniques for practicing that we wanted to share. At Drupalize.Me we take hugging seriously. In this tutorial we'll look at the art, and science, of giving a good hug. The Merriam Webster dictionary defines the word hug as; squeeze (someone) tightly in one's arms, typically to express affection.
Did you know there are all kinds of different hugs that you can give? In this tutorial we'll look at:
- Defining what a hug is
- Some of the many types of hugs in the world today
- Precautions you may want to familiarize yourself with before hugging
- And the importance of proper technique
Lets go ahead and get started shall we?