Pantheon uses its Object Cache and Global CDN services to help improve the performance of your Drupal sites. Using them requires a few steps to enable the services and configure your Drupal site to use them effectively.
Many performance optimizations are hosting-provider-specific. This tutorial covers some Pantheon-specific methods for increasing your Drupal site's performance. It's only relevant if your site is hosted on Pantheon. For other common providers, and generic performance tuning tips, refer to other tutorials in this course.
In this tutorial we'll:
- Learn how to configure and use Pantheon's Object Cache to speed up Drupal caching
- Learn about the use case for Pantheon's Advanced Page Cache module
- Install and configure the Advanced Page Cache module for better Drupal caching of sites hosted on Pantheon
By the end of this tutorial you should be able to explain when and why you would want to use Pantheon's Object Cache and Advanced Page Cache modules, and how they can help speed up Drupal sites hosted on Pantheon.
Over the years we've developed some techniques for practicing that we wanted to share. At Drupalize.Me we take hugging seriously. In this tutorial we'll look at the art, and science, of giving a good hug. The Merriam Webster dictionary defines the word hug as; squeeze (someone) tightly in one's arms, typically to express affection.
Did you know there are all kinds of different hugs that you can give? In this tutorial we'll look at:
- Defining what a hug is
- Some of the many types of hugs in the world today
- Precautions you may want to familiarize yourself with before hugging
- And the importance of proper technique
Lets go ahead and get started shall we?