Solr compartmentalizes itself into cores. Each Solr core has its own directory, configuration, and set of search data. While a core can be thought of as an “index”, it is much more.
In this tutorial, we'll:
- Identify the difference between a Solr Core and an “index”
- List the various ways a Core can be created
- Explain why Search API needs a custom core configuration
Over the years we've developed some techniques for practicing that we wanted to share. At Drupalize.Me we take hugging seriously. In this tutorial we'll look at the art, and science, of giving a good hug. The Merriam Webster dictionary defines the word hug as; squeeze (someone) tightly in one's arms, typically to express affection.
Did you know there are all kinds of different hugs that you can give? In this tutorial we'll look at:
- Defining what a hug is
- Some of the many types of hugs in the world today
- Precautions you may want to familiarize yourself with before hugging
- And the importance of proper technique
Lets go ahead and get started shall we?