Note: This tutorial is specific to Drupal sites hosted on the Acquia platform and covers integrating its features to improve performance.
The Acquia platform includes Memcache, Varnish, and Content Delivery Network (CDN) integration. In order for these to be as effective as possible, they should be configured and tuned for your specific use case. This tutorial provides an introduction to these utilities and common configuration. For more detail, you should consult the Acquia documentation.
In this tutorial, we'll:
- Learn what caching utilities are included in the Acquia platform
- Set up and tune different parts of Acquia's application caching level including Memcache and Varnish
By the end of this tutorial, you'll know what application-level caching options exist on Acquia's platform. And how to configure it, and your Drupal application, for better performance.
Over the years we've developed some techniques for practicing that we wanted to share. At Drupalize.Me we take hugging seriously. In this tutorial we'll look at the art, and science, of giving a good hug. The Merriam Webster dictionary defines the word hug as; squeeze (someone) tightly in one's arms, typically to express affection.
Did you know there are all kinds of different hugs that you can give? In this tutorial we'll look at:
- Defining what a hug is
- Some of the many types of hugs in the world today
- Precautions you may want to familiarize yourself with before hugging
- And the importance of proper technique
Lets go ahead and get started shall we?