When developing a Drupal site, it is best practice to maintain multiple environments: A production environment for your live web site, a stage environment for "next version" development, and your local environment for debugging and creating new features. Solr adds further complexity as we should have a separate Solr server for each.
In this tutorial, we'll:
- Describe why different Solr servers should be used for each environment
- Explain why Config Split is not a solution for multiple environments
- Describe how to use config overrides for each environment
Over the years we've developed some techniques for practicing that we wanted to share. At Drupalize.Me we take hugging seriously. In this tutorial we'll look at the art, and science, of giving a good hug. The Merriam Webster dictionary defines the word hug as; squeeze (someone) tightly in one's arms, typically to express affection.
Did you know there are all kinds of different hugs that you can give? In this tutorial we'll look at:
- Defining what a hug is
- Some of the many types of hugs in the world today
- Precautions you may want to familiarize yourself with before hugging
- And the importance of proper technique
Lets go ahead and get started shall we?