This page is archived
We're keeping this page up as a courtesy to folks who may need to refer to old instructions. We don't plan to update this page.
Create a permissions hook to secure access to pages within Drupal.
Require a user to have a certain permission before they can access a page.
You will need the following knowledge and skills. If you need a review, check out the Additional resources section at the bottom of this page.
- How to use permissions hooks.
- Understand security issues within Drupal.
Create a permissions hook, with a permission of ‘add movie review’ to restrict access to the custom movie import page.
- Maintaining a secure site within Drupal is essential, and a wide range of factors need to be taken into account to ensure this.
- Any custom code must take into consideration security issues by validating input and output.
Further your understanding
- Continue to the next lesson: Movie Project: Manage Configuration Changes.